New Star Software Forum Index New Star Software
Discussions regarding the future StarShip Tracker (SST) and the New Star Universe.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guild Wars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    New Star Software Forum Index -> Open Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Medron Pryde
Betatester
Betatester

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Guild Wars Reply with quote

If anybody has this game, I'd love to get together with you sometime to play. For those of you who don't have it or don't know what it is, it is a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game designed for people who don't like EverQuest. Wink

No monthly fee.

You can quickly travel to any multiplayer area you've been in the past.

When you leave the "towns" you enter an "instanced" area where only you and your party are there. No waiting with eighty other people for a monster respawn so you can get its special quest item. No respawning at all actually, but everybody who goes out can do the quest without fighting a bazillion other users.

You can play with other real people or go out into missions with NPC characters or a mix of both.

Relatively old PCs can run the game. I have a 1.3 ghz with 256 ram and a 64 meg geforce card. I can run it, though I do have most of the graphics on their lowest settings. It looks good though, even at those low settings. Really good.

Anyways, if any of you have Guild Wars I would love to put you on my friends list so we can maybe get together some time and play with each other.

My character's name is Terra Belmond (a fusion of names that any Final Fantasy fan should catch...hehehe), an elemental monk at level 16 WAY post-searing.

"Our thoughts form the universe. They are always important." R.I.P.
Kyu Kage
NSS Moderator
NSS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been meaning to pick it up, but wasn't sure of the quality...
Dan
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard way-good things about it. I was playing on a private UO shard in a very tight guild, and when it started to fall apart, one member suggested Guild Wars.

I'm not really into fantasy, but I'd be glad to support a Guild Wars forum for any guild you guys do form.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Medron Pryde
Betatester
Betatester

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Guild Wars because I play it whenever I want to. Sit down for an hour and get some fun gaming in. Then do something else.

Sometimes I'll do that every day for a week, and then I won't touch it for a week or two and then do it again for another week. Playing like that I have a character up to level 16 with a level 20 cap. So I'm pretty good and can really kick off nasty powerful slag when I want to.

Meteor - tossing lots of meteors down on a group of enemies for MEGA damage each time. Tosses them flat on their butts very often.

Firestorm - imagine of a rain of fire that comes down on a group of enemies. Nasty slag.

Fireball - a single mini-nuke that flies and and smacks anybody within a certain range.

Flare - a minifireball that only affects one guy, but is fast to cast and doesn't burn much magic. Which, by the time I've sent off Meteor, Firestorm, AND Fireball in quick succession is rather important to me since even *I* start running low on magic after dishing out that much pain.

And with the monkish stuff, I can heal other people and resurrect them if they die. Players love me on their team because I can both kill AND heal. Twisted Evil

Kyu Kage
NSS Moderator
NSS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medron Pryde wrote:
...with the monkish stuff, I can heal other people and resurrect them if they die. Players love me on their team because I can both kill AND heal. Twisted Evil

Good Combo!

Still worried that there going to start charging fees per month (it's inevitable).

Either that, or you'll HAVE to buy the expansions to continue playing.

But I have this sneaking suspicion I'll cave...
Medron Pryde
Betatester
Betatester

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've been in the business for YEARS and have NEVER charged anybody to use their servers.

Heck, they still allow people to play STARCRAFT as I remember.

Of course, they DO have the new World of WarCraft which they DO charge for.

Maybe they are hoping to upgrade people to that when they get tired of Guild Wars...Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    New Star Software Forum Index -> Open Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: